Citizen Charter - Introduction
The Citizen’s Charter contains performance and Progress on the Vision – Mission – Goals – Services and Field activities on Data Collection, co-ordination, collation and dissemination within and outside the Union Territory
This Directorate was set up in 1957 with the nomenclature Bureau of Economics and Statistics.
- Functions as State Statistical Authority and Nodal Agency.
- Serves as a focal point of information for formulation of necessary policies and perspective Planning by the administration on various topics/subject matters.
- Acts under the guidance of Central Statistical Organisation – National Sample Survey Organisations – National Buildings Organisation – New Delhi, and Labour Bureau Simla for implementing the Central Schemes and National Surveys.
- Keeps close liaison with various Union Ministries and implements Centrally Sponsored Schemes as per their directives.
- Controls the Regional Offices at Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam.
- Renders effective database in management and information networking services to the user agencies through modern communication gadgets.
- Statistical techniques drastically improved and simplified over the past decades.
- Uses extensively of Digital modes – Kiosk touch screen – Mini-printing facility for efficient and timely data submission to Government and other organisation/Agencies.
- Consists both statistical data collection wing and Dissemination and Monitoring Wing with the following responsibilities.
- Estimation of State Domestic Product
- Collection of Agricultural Statistics
- Collection of Price Statistics
- Conduct Socio-Economic Surveys including Evaluation Studies.
- Compilation of Indices relating to Industries and
- Dissemination of standardised data on various official statistics through periodical publications.